Start by asking yourself a few questions.
- Do you like a smooth painted finished or a stained finish?
- How much exposure does your entryway have to rain/sun/other weather elements?
- Do you plan on staying in this home for the long term or short term?
- What is your budget?
- Do you want glass in the doors? If so, how much?
Once you’ve nailed down these questions, you can start filtering your options. Once you know what kind of door best suits you and your home, you can start to focus on extra details like colour and style.
Stand on the side of the door where the door pushes away from you. If the hinges are on the left, it is a left-hand door; if the hinges are on the right, it is a right-hand door.
Here is a list of details we need in order to deliver a prehung door. If you have any questions about any of these items or measurements, do not hesitate to contact us:
- The rough opening, or the net door size
- The jamb width, or the thickness of the finished wall
- The hinge style/size/colour
- The lockset information for drilling
- The handing and swing of the door
Yes! We can absolutely do that. We have a team of experts who are here to assist you and consult you through the process. Please visit our showroom or call us to discuss. We fabricate and assemble custom doors at our state of the art facility in Langley, BC.